Welcome to squarehappy
squarehappy is a testbed for new techniques in web design as well as the personal homepage of Michael Huch. If you're not familiar with the site, you may want to learn a bit more about squarehappy and some of the features available. If you're like most people, you came here for the middle finger cursor or the Donkeylips Fan Club. Maybe the look of this site isn't your thing. I'm not a great graphic designer, so I give you the freedom to change the style or just ditch styles altogether. You could even forego visiting this site at all and just use the RSS feed. Maybe you just need to get the hell out here (seriously buddy). Then let my links provide you with safe passage on your journey across the internet.
squarehappy is intentionally not capitalized because it looks ridiculous that way. I tried going with all caps but that was just annoying. squarehappy does not need to be shouted. squarehappy is fine the way it is.
- Why Don't They Set the Kitchen on Fire?
- Yeah, why don't they? [01.28.2008 10:54 PM EST]
- Deep Sea Sleep
- Mike submerged in the briny deep. [09.30.2007 10:10 PM EST]
- Photoshop Exploits
- Some images I've made in Photoshop that don't involve web design. [07.31.2007 12:20 AM EST]
- My Friendly Neighborhood Kwik-E-Mart
- Silicon Valley was one of the lucky places to get its very own Kwik-E-Mart, so I decided I must pay it a visit, put Twizzlers on my donut, eat the decorative hot dogs, and open the non-alcoholic beer case in hopes of it leading to a secret passage. [07.09.2007 11:27 PM EST]
- Making MySpace My Space
- MySpace has recaptured a 1990's standard of web design most of us hoped was long forgotten. But the mighty hero CSS was ready and able to beat MySpace into submission. It's time to make a MySpace profile look good. [06.18.2007 02:34 AM EST]
- Someone Stole My Hat
- I've owned this hat for over 5 years. It's atop my head possibly 50% of my waking life. And now it's gone. [02.25.2007 03:01 AM EST]
- House of Cards: Buying and Selling an American Pastime
- The rise and fall of the sports card industry, as seen by a kid collector turned post-pubescent dealer. [02.06.2007 03:56 AM EST]
- Respect My Start Menu
- Do developers even consider how real people use the Start menu? Or is it the publisher's fault? I don't come over to your house and scatter a bunch of shortcuts all over your Start menu. [11.18.2006 10:50 PM EST]
- Style Notes: Wasteland
- Slim and stylish, Wasteland was amongst the second wave of squarehappy styles. Featuring the return of Comic Sans! [11.09.2006 5:15 PM EST]
- CSS Sprite Fonts
- Slice together letters and numbers with any font you want using CSS. Protect your email address and forms, or utilize the creative potential of sprite fonts. [11.08.2006 6:17 PM EST]
Older articles can be found in the archives. At the moment they are organized by subject matter but that matter is subject to change. That was just my convoluted way of saying that eventually you'll see a better form of chronological organization for the squarehappy archive. I just ain't that great of a PHP programmer yet.